"Lite" vs. "Full" Python Ports

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Tue Apr 14 16:34:54 PDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 10:19:30PM +0200, Jannis Leidel said:
> Am 14.04.2009 um 22:00 schrieb Bryan Blackburn:
[...]
>> As long as the one in lib-dynload is always loaded first, it shouldn't
>> be
>> too big a deal, but someone really should test it...
>
> At the risk of not knowing how that could be tested thoroughly: I'm
> running python25 with the patch I attached to #12369 for several days now
> without a problem. That also fixed #18567 for me.

Optimally, having an older version of one of the modules (eg, py25-hashlib
at 2.5.2) installed with python25 at 2.5.4 with hashlib builtin, would be a
meaningful test.  Then trying it with various bits that affect how modules
are loaded (eg, normal, with -S, others?) would answer it fully I think.

Bryan