[python] py25-elixir broken

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Apr 15 03:49:29 PDT 2009

On Apr 14, 2009, at 10:29, Rasmus Andersson wrote:

> I could temporarily fix this by deactivating py25-sqlalchemy @0.5.2_0
> and activating the old py25-sqlalchemy @0.4.7p1_0
>
> Obviously the py25-elixir port is outdated. Support for SQLAlchemy 0.5
> first appeared in Elixir 0.6 ("Added support for SQLAlchemy 0.5" –
> http://elixir.ematia.de/trac/browser/elixir/tags/0.6.0/CHANGES). That
> is; Elixir <0.6 only works with SQLAlchemy <0.5.

Would you please file a (single) port update ticket for py25-elixir
and py-elixir?

> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 17:23, Rasmus Andersson wrote:
>
>> just did sync + upgrade py25-elixir and it looks like someone
>> upgraded
>> py25-sqlalchemy without upgrading/checking dependencies and/or
>> someone
>> upgraded py25-elixir and did not test it.
>>
>> Below is my transcript. Note that openssl could not be installed but
>> was forced to anyway. But I guess that is not the core problem,
>> right?

There is no problem with openssl. It was upgraded normally. It might
be nice if those irrelevant error messages were not printed...

>> $ sudo port upgrade py25-elixir
[snip]
>> --->  Staging openssl into destroot
>> --->  Unable to uninstall openssl 0.9.8k_0, the following ports
>> depend on it:
>> --->    wget
>> --->    lighttpd
>> --->    py25-hashlib
>> --->    curl
>> --->    nginx
>> --->    git-core
>> --->    python26
>> --->    py25-socket-ssl
>> --->    httperf
>> Warning: Uninstall forced.  Proceeding despite dependencies.
>> --->  Deactivating openssl @0.9.8k_0
>> --->  Uninstalling openssl @0.9.8k_0
>> --->  Installing openssl @0.9.8k_0
>> --->  Activating openssl @0.9.8k_0
>> --->  Cleaning openssl

I'm actually not sure why you got those messages. For one thing, you
didn't use the "-f" flag when upgrading, so the uninstall was not
forced. Second, it should not need to be forced; it should work on
its own, since you're not uninstalling it directly; you're
uninstalling it only indirectly as a consequence of upgrading which
will cause the new version to be installed immediately. Possibly this
is a special case since the old and new version and revision are
identical (0.9.8k_0) which occurred because the openssl's epoch was
incremented after it port was upgraded to 1.0.0 and then downgraded
back to 0.9.8k when 1.0.0 was found to cause problems. Or maybe it's
something that was fixed in a later version of MacPorts.

>> $ port version
>> Version: 1.700

You should upgrade to MacPorts 1.7.1 by typing

sudo port selfupdate