how-to delete a registry entry?

Darren Weber dweber at macports.org
Fri Apr 17 14:13:49 PDT 2009

Yes, I think the receipt directories were removed entirely.

I had something like this after doing all the uninstalls on these ports:

[ me at XXX ~/src/kitware/VTK_build ]$ port installed | grep vtk
  vtk @5.2.1_0+darwin_9+examples+tclSys+testing
  vtk5 @5.2.0_0+darwin_9+examples+shared+tclSys+testing
  vtk5 @5.2.0_0+darwin_9+examples+tclSys+testing
  vtk52 @5.2.1_0+darwin_9+examples+tclSys+testing
  vtk54 @5.4.0_0+darwin_9+examples+tclSys+testing

I don't recall the details on how I removed the receipts exactly.  I do have
two systems with very similar installs.  On the system with untouched
receipts, there are the following receipt directories:

[ me at XXX ~/src/kitware/VTK_build ]$ ls /opt/local/var/macports/receipts/vtk*
/opt/local/var/macports/receipts/vtk:
5.2.1_0+darwin_9+examples+tclSys+testing/

/opt/local/var/macports/receipts/vtk5:
5.2.0_0+darwin_9+examples+shared+tclSys+testing/
5.2.0_0+darwin_9+examples+tclSys+testing/

/opt/local/var/macports/receipts/vtk52:
5.2.1_0+darwin_9+examples+tclSys+testing/

/opt/local/var/macports/receipts/vtk54:
5.4.0_0+darwin_9+examples+tclSys+testing/

On the system where receipt files were removed, all those directories are
missing.  So it might have been

sudo rm -rf /opt/local/var/macports/receipts/vtk*