darwinbuild error

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Sat Apr 18 01:21:57 PDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:49:12PM -0700, William Siegrist said:
> On Apr 17, 2009, at 11:45 PM, William Siegrist wrote:
[...]
>> So 1.7.1 still uses svn.tag but our auto-linting server is running 1.8?
>> I'll revert the change to svn.revision and just ignore the lint reports
>> for now.
>>

> And it seems like the server should be linting with the released version
> of MP instead of trunk. Could portmgr just confirm this and I will
> downgrade it?

Using a release version of lint definitely makes more sense than a trunk
version, since I imagine many committers and most maintainers are running a
release as well.

However, switching to 1.7.1 would stop the server from updating the
PortIndex.quick file, right?  At least we resolved issues with the server
generating that when it was first turned on, but we'd need to make sure
those who are running trunk know how to deal with this file (from a
permissions point of view).

Bryan