darwinbuild error

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Apr 19 01:48:16 PDT 2009

On Apr 18, 2009, at 15:20, Bryan Blackburn wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 05:44:34AM -0700, William Siegrist said:

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Using a release version of lint definitely makes more sense than a
>>> trunk
>>> version, since I imagine many committers and most maintainers are
>>> running a
>>> release as well.
>>>
>>> However, switching to 1.7.1 would stop the server from updating the
>>> PortIndex.quick file, right?  At least we resolved issues with the
>>> server
>>> generating that when it was first turned on, but we'd need to
>>> make sure
>>> those who are running trunk know how to deal with this file (from a
>>> permissions point of view).
>>
>> I was going to try downgrading just portlint.tcl. If that didnt
>> work, I
>> would make a separate 1.7.1 install just for the purposes of linting.
>
> If you don't mind the increase in work that means for you on the
> server,
> then that should give us the best of both.  Though I have no idea
> how well
> an older portlint.tcl will work with a newer everything-else.

I would still rather that port lint, even in today's 1.8.0 trunk, did
not warn that svn.tag is deprecated, because it cannot be considered
deprecated until after we have released a version of MacPorts
containing its replacement, svn.revision. After 1.8.0 is released,
then we can add the deprecation warning back to trunk.