[50072] trunk/dports/x11/rox-filer/Portfile

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Fri Apr 24 04:08:17 PDT 2009

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> build.env isn't broken, but it isn't used if you override the
>> build phase, right?
>
> Why not use the default build phase? Untested:
>
> build.env ${configure.env}
> build.cmd ./ROX-Filer/AppRun
> build.args --compile ${configure.args}

If I use ${configure.env}, I get:

DEBUG: Environment: MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET='10.4'

If I populate build.env myself, it's:

DEBUG: Environment: CPPFLAGS='-I/opt/local/include'
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET='10.4' LDFLAGS='-L/opt/local/lib' CC='/usr/
bin/gcc-4.0'

So the only way I could make it work was:

+ CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.0
+ CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
+ LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib
+ ./ROX-Filer/AppRun --compile --x-include=/opt/local/include --x-
lib=/opt/local/lib

But it's likely something else that is wrong here...
Them flags have an unhealthy attachment to configure.

So it's hardly worth the hassle, just for two prefixes ?
Might even be better to use Zero Install directly then:

0launch http://rox.sourceforge.net/2005/interfaces/ROX-Filer

Main reason for using MacPorts at all was to avoid having
to bundle/compile GTK+, which is rather tedious "by hand".

But it might be easier to do just that, and use system X11.
And that way it would work for other Zero Install apps too.

--anders