googlecode livecheck

Perry Lee perry at macports.org
Fri Apr 24 23:12:09 PDT 2009

On Apr 24, 2009, at 10:33 PM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> Has anyone else witnessed the default livecheck.regex failing when
> using master_sites googlecode?
>
> For me, it looks like there is style info and whitespace breaking
> the pattern.

I've witnessed this problem in distcc and libofa, both of which use
the default googlecode livecheck.regex.

I think the problematic line in port1.0/portlivecheck.tcl is:

set livecheck.regex [list "<a href=\"http://[quotemeta $
{livecheck.name}].googlecode.com/files/[quotemeta $
{livecheck.distname}]\""]

In particular: [quotemeta ${livecheck.distname}]

quotemeta is backslashing the (.*) so you get something like:

distcc\-\(\.\*\)\.tar\.bz2