lint version hardcode

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Apr 26 16:28:25 PDT 2009

Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Apr 25, 2009, at 19:36, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
>
>>> Portfile: firefox-x11-devel Warning: Line 163 seems to hardcode
>>> the version number, consider using ${version} instead
>> Can this check please be updated to not report false-positives that
>> are in comments?
>
> I'm not sure this check should ever have been added to lint. lint is
> for reporting problems; this is not a problem but a stylistic issue.
>
> If the check stays in lint, perhaps it should only be activated if
> the --nitpick option is used.

This was just an idea to avoid hardcoding the version in Portfiles as I
have seen it in the past.

I already said in the log message [1]:
Can be removed again if it gives too many false positives.

Now we identified one false positive by excluding comments. But I agree
that this is just stylistic, so feel free to either move it to --nitpick
only or even remove it completely.

Rainer

[1] http://trac.macports.org/changeset/49406