xinstall glob question

Darren Weber dweber at macports.org
Thu Apr 30 14:36:32 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:

> Darren Weber wrote:
> > The {!<pattern>} syntax is supposed to NOT that file name <pattern>.  I
> > have a directory of binary executables among a lot of .dylib files and I
> > want to exclude all the .dylib files from the glob.
>
> Tcl's glob is unable to invert a pattern. As you say, {!...} is not
> going to work.
>
> Some example how I would do this (untested!):
>
> foreach f [glob ${build.dir}/bin/*] {
>   if {![string match {*.dylib} ${f}]} {
>     file copy ${f} ${destroot}/${vtkExamplePath}/bin/
>   }
> }
>
> Rainer

OK, this looks promising.  I forget how to drop into a tcl shell while
running macports.  It would be really nice to be able to set a breakpoint in
a Portfile somehow.

In python, we can import the pydb module and call it at any point in the
program, eg:
http://bashdb.sourceforge.net/pydb/pydb/lib/subsection-calling-pydb-inside-program.html

Does tcl have an equivalent?  How would you set a breakpoint in a Portfile?

Take care, Darren