[54989] trunk/dports/python

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Aug 5 19:12:54 PDT 2009

On Aug 5, 2009, at 12:12, mnick at macports.org wrote:

> +post-destroot {
> +    # Every scikit installs identical scikits/__init__.py. To
> avoid conflicts
> +    # install only if not already present
> +    if {[file exists ${python.pkgd}/scikits/__init__.py]} {
> +        file delete ${destroot}${python.pkgd}/scikits/__init__.py
> +    }
> +}

Hmm, the problem here is that this introduces unstated dependencies
between these ports. Assuming the __init__.py file is required by
both ports, consider what happens if you install py26-scikits-
audiolab (will install __init__.py), then install py26-scikits-ann
(will not install __init__.py because it sees it's already there),
and then uninstall py26-scikits-audiolab (will remove __init__.py),
presumably leaving py26-scikits-ann nonfunctional. And the same
situation happens if you interchange the port names in the previous
sentence.

I'm not sure how to handle this better, though.