OT launchd sleep and wake

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Aug 7 11:43:16 PDT 2009

Before I jump over to the launchd mailing list, I wanted to see if
anyone knew a way to detect a Mac going into sleep mode or waking from
sleep mode.

I'm looking to clear ssh-agent which is becoming an issue in and of
itself. I was hoping there may be a file that was created or destroyed
in wake/sleep that I could set launchd to look at as a watch folder.

Or perhaps there are commands that can probe the PMU to get this data.

I'm aware of sleepwatcher, which seems to work semi ubreliably, so I
am looking for an alternative.

I know sshkeychain has this ability, and while it is no longer
developed, there is a chance I could pull just that code out and make
a portfile that created a sleep/wake watching agent.

Thanks for any suggestions.

As an aside, if anyone has had success with clearing ssh keys from
memory so you are re prompted via keychain I would love to know how
you are reliably doing this. Stopping the agent does not seem to
reliably clear the keys.  There is not a ton of data on this, but I
would like to use a laptop and know if it is stolen my ssh sessions
will expire.

I can not find a mailing list specific the ssh-agent, I assume the
best place is the openSSH list, but this is also Apple specific since
there is keychain interaction.

Thanks
--
Scott