Where to start: pointers? links? tickets?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Aug 9 15:43:16 PDT 2009

On Aug 9, 2009, at 16:24, Rainer Müller wrote:

> Watch out that at the time of configure no other MacPorts installation
> is visible on PATH! You want to link against the system libraries, not
> another MacPorts prefix.

Yes! To do this, I use:

export PATH="/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin"

I often have the tcl port installed, which by default does not
include thread support, but MacPorts requires thread support in tcl.
Apple's tcl comes with thread support by default. So if I don't use
the above, my MacPorts build fails.