[55639] contrib/port_cutleaves/port_cutleaves

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Aug 16 12:42:40 PDT 2009

On Aug 15, 2009, at 09:15, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> On Aug 15, 2009, at 6:06 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Cool -- I have that a lot where port_cutleaves says I can
>> uninstall something, and then I have to build it again the next
>> day when I install some port.
>

> Archive mode ftw.

I don't follow... my purpose in uninstalling ports with
port_cutleaves is to free up resources on my system by deleting
things that are no longer needed. If I left archives of these ports
around, I wouldn't be doing a very good job of freeing up resources.
The feature Joshua added lets me avoid uninstalling ports that in
fact will very likely be needed again soon.