[55756] trunk/dports/devel/orbit2

David Evans devans at macports.org
Tue Aug 18 07:12:04 PDT 2009

nox at macports.org wrote:

> Revision
>     55756 <http://trac.macports.org/changeset/55756>
> Author
>     nox at macports.org
> Date
>     2009-08-18 05:51:11 -0700 (Tue, 18 Aug 2009)
>

>       Log Message
>
> orbit2: Patch gtkdoc-rebase test instead of depending on gtk-doc, as in gtk2.
>

>       Modified Paths

Please  revert this change.   It results in the installation of  HTML
API documentation whose URLs are not properly adjusted (rebased)
for the installed paths, breaking links, which affects the ability of
devhelp to work properly.

This is a standard pattern throughout the various GNOME ports and is
there for a reason.  (You should think about reverting it in gtk2
as well for the same reason.)

I think it is a standard misconception that disabling gtk-doc processing
in these ports results in no API documentation being installed.
In fact, the documentation is just not regenerated from the source code,
but a copy is included in the distribution which needs to
be properly rebased to function properly.

Thanks for your help

Dave