[55964] trunk/dports/devel

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Aug 22 09:17:02 PDT 2009

On Aug 22, 2009, at 09:03, snc at macports.org wrote:

> +default_variants    test

If you want to use a default variant, it must be written

default_variants +test

(needs a "+" before the variant name)

But, since default variants are difficult for the user to turn off, I
suggest you either do not make this the default, or you remove the
variant and enable its functionality in the main body of the
portfile. In this case, is there any reason not to enable this
functionality always?