emacs breakage on 10.6

Dan Ports dports at ambulatoryclam.net
Tue Dec 1 19:53:04 PST 2009

The emacs port (just regular emacs, not emacs-app) currently does not
build under Snow Leopard. I backported the fix from the latest CVS
release and put a patch for this in ticket #22364.  It looks like
ticket #21335 is a duplicate with essentially the same patch.

The port appears to be abandoned by its maintainer (see #21273) -- can
someone review and apply one of the patches?

It would also be nice if emacs were eventually updated to 23.1, but
perhaps that is a problem for another day. (I actually mostly use
emacs-app-devel instead, but keep editors/emacs installed because various
other ports depend on it.)

Thanks,

Dan

--