emacs breakage on 10.6

Dan Ports dports at ambulatoryclam.net
Fri Dec 11 10:50:26 PST 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 07:15:05PM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Then how would a port that wanted to depend on emacs know where emacs is, if the different ports don't put them in the same place?

I was thinking that emacs packages could safely install them into
${prefix}/share/emacs/site-lisp potentially even if emacs wasn't
installed, as emacs-app checks there too.

But after taking a closer look at some of the ports in question, this
isn't a great idea -- many of them (though not all) byte-compile the
lisp source, meaning they do depend on (and need to find) an emacs
executable.

This digression aside, may I repeat my original request that someone
commit the patch in #22364 so that emacs builds on Snow Leopard?
Thanks.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports                              <dports at ambulatoryclam.net>