[46483] trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/muniversal-1.0.tcl

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Feb 5 19:08:30 PST 2009

On Feb 5, 2009, at 10:47, mcalhoun at macports.org wrote:

> +    # user has specified that build platform must be able to run
> binaries for supported architectures
> +    if { ${merger_must_run_binaries}=="yes" } {
> +        if { ${os.arch}=="i386" } {
> +            set universal_archs_supported [ldelete $
> {universal_archs_supported} "ppc64"]
> +        } else {
> +            set universal_archs_supported [ldelete $
> {universal_archs_supported} "i386"]
> +            set universal_archs_supported [ldelete $
> {universal_archs_supported} "x86_64"]
> +    }

Shouldn't care also be taken so that if one is on a 32-bit computer
(PowerPC G3 or G4, or Intel Core), the 64-bit architectures are removed?

I still totally dislike that any combination of architectures is
still called "universal" and the user has no way of identifying in
the "port installed" list what architectures are actually included in
the port.