[MacPorts] #18408: Cannot upgrade mercurial (macports wants to reinstall latest dependencies)

robert delius royar apple at frinabulax.org
Sat Feb 7 05:12:36 PST 2009

Sat, 7 Feb 2009 (03:11 -0000 UTC) MacPorts wrote:

> #18408: Cannot upgrade mercurial (macports wants to reinstall latest dependencies)
> ----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
> Reporter:  apple@…               |       Owner:  deric@…
>     Type:  defect                |      Status:  new
> Changes (by macsforever2000@…):
>
>  * owner:  macports-tickets@… => deric@…
>  * port:  => mercurial
>

> Comment:
>
> Try the following:
>
> {{{
> sudo port selfupdate
> sudo port upgrade mercurial
> }}}
>
> If it fails, just attach the output in your reply.

The portfile was the latest because I ran selfupdate before I tried to
upgrade initially.

grendel% port selfupdate

MacPorts base version 1.700 installed
Downloaded MacPorts base version 1.700

The MacPorts installation is not outdated so it was not updated
grendel% diff /DooDad/Backups.backupdb/grendel/2009-02-06-003745/Bede/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/mercurial/Portfile
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/mercurial/Portfile
grendel%

DooDad is my Timemachine drive

By the way, I finally did a manual upgrade of the port (stepping through
each phase of the build and discovered that configure is not in the the
tarball for the port.  But macports calls it anyway. Stopping the build.
The prefix variable in the mercurial Makefile and setup.py is still set
to /usr/local (there are no patches).  I think the problem I am having
is at a lower level than the mercurial port, but the port itself does
not appear to be correct for the tarball being downloaded.

--
Dr. Robert Delius Royar                   Associate Professor of English
Morehead State University                             Morehead, Kentucky