[46483] trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/muniversal-1.0.tcl

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Feb 7 10:11:19 PST 2009

On Feb 6, 2009, at 06:22, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> the machine command:
> machine
> i486
>
> machine
> ppc7450

Ok, on my Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro "machine" says "i486". What
does "machine" say on an Intel Core Mac? Does anyone have a 1st-
generation Intel Mac to try that out? (I have a feeling it will also
say "i486" and thus not help us differentiating.)

There must be a way to do this; Apple clearly does in System
Profiler. I guess if worst came to worst we could extract the
cpu_type out of "system_profiler -xml SPHardwareDataType". We
wouldn't need any big database of processor types, since there was
just one 64-bit PowerPC processor (the G5), and just one non-64-bit
Intel processor (the Intel Core).