Ports recommending other ports

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Mon Feb 9 20:04:48 PST 2009

On Feb 9, 2009, at 5:24 PM, Orville Bennett wrote:

>>> No kidding. Got any better ideas?
>>
>> I don't know if people have problems spelling "recommends", but in
>> general I am for easy terms. And I can't think of anything more
>> easy to
>> remember than "recommends" or "recommendations" as it is exactly
>> what it
>> is supposed to to.
> ++
> Just because people will have problem speeling isn't a good reason
> to not use a word.
> We can all learn. Or use lint :-

I like lint and I like var names that mean something to humans unless
humans don't need to use them.

I also am not a fan of the plural form.

In my applications I would probably use "recommendation"

Let the app add the "s".

foreach (something as thing) add recommendation[thing].

user table vs users table.

What variant or you talking about vs what variants are you talking
about.

It's a variant not a variants.

It's a recommendation not a recommendations.

usersnames
groupsnames

And I will be so totally happy with any var that works so I'll shut up
now.

And I have had some wine;)

//brad