Trac displaying .diff files strangely?

Shreevatsa R shreevatsa.public at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 05:32:46 PST 2009

Hello,

Did something change in Trac recently that makes it show files of some
types differently?

For example if I look at
http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/editors/vim/Portfile or
http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/editors/vim/files/patchlist
I see a proper Trac page with line numbers and colours and the
MacPorts logo at the top and everything, but if I look at
http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/editors/vim/files/patch-src_auto_configure.diff
it shows me a bare HTML page. Most importantly, it is missing the link
at the bottom that provides a download in the original format.
Similarly with http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/net/pidgin/files/autogen.sh
(shown as a proper Trac page) and
http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/net/pidgin/files/gtkdocklet-quartz.diff
(shown as a bare page). (The pattern seems to be ".diff", but I don't
know what to make of it.)

This makes it much harder to download the patches over the web; it
would be nice if this were changed back.

Thanks,
-Shreevatsa