[47019] trunk/dports/sysutils/zmq/Portfile

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Feb 20 06:49:26 PST 2009

Anders F Björklund wrote:
> Rainer Müller wrote:
>
>>>  variant python description {build Python language binding} {
>>> -    depends_lib-append     port:python26
>>> +    depends_lib-append     port:python_select
>>>      configure.args-append  --with-python
>>>  }
>> As Bryan already pointed out, python_select itself does not depend on
>> any python version, so this dependency is not going to work. There is
>> currently no better way than picking a specific python version.
>
> python_select does provide a "python" binary. It does this by using
> pythonXY-apple, probably not a _good_ idea but it should "work"...
>
> If you do pick a specific python version, then you need to patch out
> "python" with "pythonX.Y" everywhere - which might be very tedious.

This is marked as depends_lib so I assume it does more than just running
python. If you just wanted to run something, it should be in depends_run
and should be using bin: style dependency - if a binary of the system is
also fine. But we prefer our own python over the system provided python
and you have to pick a version.

Rainer