[47239] trunk/dports/audio/mpd

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Feb 24 00:46:36 PST 2009

On Feb 23, 2009, at 19:48, rmsfisher at macports.org wrote:

>  platform macosx {
>          configure.args-delete --enable-ao
>          depends_lib-delete    port:libao
> +	startupitem.create	yes
> +	startupitem.start       "${prefix}/bin/mpd --no-daemon ${prefix}/
> etc/mpd.conf"
> +	startupitem.stop        "${prefix}/bin/mpd --kill"
>  }

Is there a special reason you're restricting startupitem creation to
Mac OS X? As far as I know, startupitem.create is supposed to work on
other operating systems too. Of course it does not use launchd or
StartupItems on other systems as it does on Mac OS X >=10.4.x or
<=10.3.x respectively. I suppose we should update the Guide, which
implies only launchd plists are created.