Active port install isssue

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Jul 3 15:12:07 PDT 2009

Clean install of my never-ending ASSP portfile project...

Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /opt/local/
bin/spfquery is being used by the active p5-mail-spf port.  Please
deactivate this port first, or use 'port -f activate p5-mail-spf-
query' to force the activation.
Warning: the following items did not execute (for p5-mail-spf-query):
org.macports.activate
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: p5-mail-spf-query
p5-mail-srs p5-net p5-authen-sasl p5-gssapi p5-crypt-des p5-digest p5-
net-ip-match-regexp p5-net-senderbase p5-net-syslog p5-perl-ldap p5-
convert-asn1 p5-xml-parser p5-xml-sax-writer p5-text-iconv p5-xml-
filter-buffertext p5-sys-syslog p5-tie-dbi p5-dbi p5-time-hires

I am not sure I understand this one. I know how to work around it, but
I am looking for how to make the problem not be a problem for a user
who is installing.

Here is the list of depends:
depends_lib \
                     port:p5-compress-zlib \