openssl

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Wed Jul 8 19:30:09 PDT 2009

If I have for example, IO::Socket::SSL, which I am guessing uses
openssl, what openssl will it use, and how can I find out?

I am having a good deal of trouble getting ASSP to talk over SSL.  It
has been suspected that it is related to incorrect versions of openssl.

It was simple enough to port update openssl and get a newer version.
And if I type `which openssl` I get the new version in the macports
area.
/opt/local/bin/openssl

However, when it comes to apps that use IO::Socket::SSL, which in
turn, will call openssl, how can I be sure it is using the correct
openssl, not the apple one?

There are no patche for IO::Socket::SSL, so it is just being
installed, nothing changed in it to point to a specific openssl.

Further, p5-event none of the example in IO::Socket::SSL work for me.

It also checks out ok locally:
root at macbook IO-Socket-SSL-1.26 $perl Makefile.PL
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for IO::Socket::SSL
root at macbook IO-Socket-SSL-1.26 $make
cp SSL.pm blib/lib/IO/Socket/SSL.pm
Manifying blib/man3/IO::Socket::SSL.3pm
root at macbook IO-Socket-SSL-1.26 $make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /opt/local/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"
"test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/01loadmodule............ok
t/02settings..............ok
t/acceptSSL-timeout.......ok
t/auto_verify_hostname....ok
t/cert_no_file............ok
t/compatibility...........ok
t/connectSSL-timeout......ok
t/core....................ok
t/dhe.....................ok
t/inet6...................ok
t/nonblock................ok
t/readline................ok
t/sessions................ok
t/start-stopssl...........ok
t/startssl................ok
t/sysread_write...........ok
t/verify_hostname.........ok
All tests successful.
Files=17, Tests=297, 35 wallclock secs ( 2.29 cusr +  0.82 csys =
3.11 CPU)