Removal of dnsmasq startup item

Wesley Moore wes at wezm.net
Sun Jul 12 19:33:40 PDT 2009

Hi,I use dnsmasq on my home network for dhcp and dns. I've noticed that a
startup item is no longer generated. I think this caused the previously
existing one to be removed when I upgraded. The next time I rebooted dnsmasq
did not start and all my clients stopped working.

I can see in Changeset
51337<http://trac.macports.org/changeset/51337/trunk/dports/net/dnsmasq/Portfile>
that
the startupitem generation was commented out but the commit message doesn't
mention this. Also I can't find any bug ticket that suggests there was a
problem with the existing startup item. So I was wondering if anyone knew
why the change was made? If there was a good reason then so be it, if not,
I'll raise a ticket to have it re-enabled.

Regards,
Wes