memtester port

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Tue Jul 14 12:43:11 PDT 2009

>> Where am I getting tripped up on this one?
>
> You need to add `use_configure no`

Ok, done
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/340087/Drops/07.14.09/memtest-4460164b-123912.txt

Looks like this was called from the makefile:
mkdir -m 755 -p /usr/local/{bin,man/man8}
install -m 755 memtester /usr/local/bin/
gzip -c memtester.8 >memtester.8.gz ; install -m 644 memtester.8.gz /
usr/local/man/man8/

That probably was not good?

>> Do I need destroot to also install the binary and the man pages, or
>> does that happen as part of make install?  Could this be that make
>> is not able to understand the prefix?
>
> You might consider patching the Makefile's install portion, or
> you'll find yourself using xinstall lines to do the installation
> 'manually' in the portfile.

My plan was to infact xinstal the files, but I am open to learning how
to patch the makefile.

In this one, do I need to just reinplace
INSTALLPATH	= /usr/local

Here is the makefile
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/340087/Drops/07.14.09/Makefile-5698c444-124226.txt

Thanks