memtester port

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Tue Jul 14 13:14:27 PDT 2009

On Jul 14, 2009, at 12:46 PM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> On Jul 14, 2009, at 3:43 PM, Scott Haneda wrote:
>
>> My plan was to infact xinstal the files, but I am open to learning
>> how to patch the makefile.
>>
>> In this one, do I need to just reinplace
>> INSTALLPATH	= /usr/local
>>
>> Here is the makefile
>> http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/340087/Drops/07.14.09/Makefile-5698c444-124226.txt
>
> That's the major thing.  You will also want to change the man/man8
> to be share/man/man8.

Is this an issue wrt to the mkdir?  Should I change that as well?
install: all
	mkdir -m 755 -p $(INSTALLPATH)/{bin,man/man8}
	install -m 755 memtester $(INSTALLPATH)/bin/
	gzip -c memtester.8 >memtester.8.gz ; install -m 644 memtester.8.gz $
(INSTALLPATH)/man/man8/

Is the way I am doing ${master_sites} correct?  Is it acceptable to
leave out the long description, I think the short is more than
enough.  Is my category correct in sysutils?

# $Id$
PortSystem 1.0

name			memtester
version			4.0.8
categories		sysutils
maintainers		hostwizard.com:scott
description		A userspace utility for testing the memory subsystem for
faults.
long_description	A userspace utility for testing the memory subsystem
for faults.

homepage		http://pyropus.ca/software/memtester/
master_sites		${homepage}/old-versions
checksums           md5     a4971ed1ccaf5b2e2148fd66b0eb7363 \
                     sha1    1330edaa60e0d797b83df51a56bba377db9223fc \
                     rmd160  b804eb9563f98ffbd51ce17c091b71a466ba4eae

use_configure       no

pre-patch {
      reinplace "s|/usr/local|${prefix}|" ${worksrcpath}/Makefile
      reinplace "s|/man/man8/|/share/man/man8|" ${worksrcpath}/Makefile
}

$sudo port -d install memtester
DEBUG: Found port in file:///Users/haneda/macports/sysutils/memtester
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /Users/haneda/macports/sysutils/
memtester
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: not using configure, so not adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port memtester.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port memtester.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port memtester.
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.main (memtester)
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.fetch (memtester)
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.checksum (memtester)
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.extract (memtester)
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.patch (memtester)
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.configure (memtester)
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.build (memtester)
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.destroot (memtester)
--->  Installing memtester @4.0.8_0
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.install (memtester)
couldn't change working directory to "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_Users_haneda_macports_sysutils_memtester/work/destroot": no such file
or directory
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.activate (memtester)
--->  Activating memtester @4.0.8_0
Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: Source
file /opt/local/var/macports/software/memtester/4.0.8_0 does not
appear to exist (cannot lstat it).  Unable to activate port memtester.
Warning: the following items did not execute (for memtester):
org.macports.activate

I am messing something up, as there is a path above that is not there.