memtester port

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Tue Jul 14 18:46:53 PDT 2009

On Jul 14, 2009, at 7:28 PM, Scott Haneda wrote:
> Here is my final port, my areas of concern are the livecheck regex.
> That is a copy and paste from elsewhere, and I can not break it
> out.  You have to escape regex inside livecheck?

Yes, if you use quotations, you must use double escapes. If you use
braces, then only one escape is needed.

> So d+ is all numbers, that ?: is a mystery to me, and then a dot,
> and then a digit, and then aything. I have three distinct version
> digits, so there may be some altering that needs to happen here.
> Perhaps the * means, match the pattern of digit and dot as many
> times as it happens?

The d is "one numeric digit or more." The ?: basically means find the
first one and stop -- saves on speed and memory versus matching the
whole line.  * means 0 or more (and finally ? means 0 or 1 -- that's ?
+ and * quantifiers).

> Any other suggestions before I ship it off to trac?

Does it pass `port lint --nitpick memtester`?