macports website

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jul 17 01:27:07 PDT 2009

On Jul 17, 2009, at 01:40, William Siegrist wrote:

> On Jul 16, 2009, at 11:00 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>>> http://webkit.org/blog/68/understanding-html-xml-and-xhtml/
>>
>> If you're suggesting that document as a basis for using HTML
>> instead of XHTML, then I would want to see a newer document on the
>> topic; that one is from September 2006 and the web changes rather
>> quickly.
>
> Ok, join #webkit on freenode and ask them for their current
> opinion. Or I can go bump the date on that blog post, whichever you
> prefer. :) Seriously, though, that is still their opinion on the
> matter, and they have some expertise in this area.

Ok, that's good to know. I wouldn't expend energy converting our
current site back to HTML 4.01 but we can keep it in mind for the
next rewrite of the site (or use HTML 5 if the specification is
finished by that time). I tentatively agree with those who were wary
of using HTML 5 now, before the spec is finished.