Vim MacPorts support

Darren Weber dweber at macports.org
Thu Jul 23 16:50:18 PDT 2009

I've found that MacVim provides fairly useful tcl highlighting just by using
the mode line that is suggested here:
http://guide.macports.org/#development.practices

That is,

# -*- coding: utf-8; mode: tcl; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil;
c-basic-offset: 4 -*- vim:fenc=utf-8:ft=tcl:et:sw=4:ts=4:sts=4

If this mode line is adopted as a best practice, will it over-ride any of
the settings in the ~/.vim path?  It seems to do so on my system, so even if
I install these new files, it continues to use these mode line
specifications.

My 2c,
Darren