Allowing more non-maintainer updates

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Fri Jul 24 12:37:29 PDT 2009

On Jul 24, 2009, at 6:13 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> We might also consider upgrading PortGroups, if that day ever comes
>> to pass.
>
> How do you mean?
>
> The cmake portgroup is new, and we have ports using cmake manually;
> do you mean updating such ports to use the cmake portgroup?

This point is two-fold: adding portgroups that can now apply
significantly decreases bad habits in ports by allowing people to use
approved methods defined in the portgroups, and sometimes we need to
move people from portgroup python24 to python25.  So it is both
similar to you understood my question and following your mysql3
example again.