Just for fun, I uninstalled everything...

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Tue Jun 2 21:32:05 PDT 2009

On Jun 2, 2009, at 9:28 PM, Bryan Blackburn wrote:

>> Good, my thoughts exactly.  So when someone makes a port file, and
>> they
>> target a version number, it is only reliably going to work for the
>> period
>> of time from that s-ware having that version number, up to the
>> point in
>> time that version is bumped to a higher version?
>
> Actually it is realiable as long as the given version's distfile is
> available; older versions of NetAddr-IP are available, but 4.023
> isn't (for
> whatever reason) one of them, but 4.007 is...

Thanks!
This is my bad, I had a local portfile pointing to that version, I
have no idea why, these p5's are going to seriously kill me one day.

I deleted my local one, and I am fine.  What is strange, is why I took
the time to make the portfile, if there was one already.  Oh well, the
p5's are simple enough.

Thanks again.