Forcing a variant to a variant

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jun 4 18:00:43 PDT 2009

On Jun 4, 2009, at 18:19, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

>> Is it a terrible idea to pop in a second startup item in which
>> will just instal the clamav startup item?  This seems messy to me,
>> but it also will get the job done.

Pop a second startup item in where?

Note that the startupitem.* directives in MacPorts support only a
single startupitem per port.

> It would make sense for mysql-server to depend on port:mysql and
> then merely be a startup item.

If you s/mysql/mysql5/g then yes that's basically the status of those
ports today. Though mysql5-server also does create some directories
that are only needed when MySQL is run as a server.