fail2ban

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jun 8 01:59:18 PDT 2009

On Jun 6, 2009, at 15:28, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> On Jun 6, 2009, at 1:09 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>
>> What is the macports way to get python26 into my paths?

"python2.6" installed by MacPorts is already in your path. To get a
symlink called "python" pointing to it, use python_select as Jeremy
said:

> You need python_select -- it allows you to change which python you
> use.

But note that while python_select can be convenient if you want to
use python on the command line, IMHO no port should require that the
user use python_select. Any port that requires Python should never
attempt to use a binary called "python"; it should always use the
versioned binary installed by the corresponding port, for example the
binary "python2.6" installed by the python26 port. You may need to
add some patches and/or reinplaces to your port to get the software
you're porting to do this.