Portfile conformance test

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jun 8 02:03:42 PDT 2009

On Jun 6, 2009, at 15:39, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

> I want to check for violations of mtree without dumping files on
> disk. I'm concerned about having a mess to clean up outside mtree.

Anything the port writes inside the destroot but outside the mtree
will get a warning message ("this port violates the mtree" or
whatever it says) and you can easily clean it up with "port clean" or
(if you've already installed the port) with "port uninstall".

Anything the port writes outside the destroot (whether inside or
outside the mtree) will not get any warning message and you will have
to manually identify and remove files.

Trace mode should prevent unauthorized writes outside destroot,
prevent access to things you did not declare dependencies on, etc.