lead up to SL

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Tue Jun 9 12:02:33 PDT 2009

I wasn't around during the leadup to Leopard, so I'd like a few
pointers.  How should I be handling SL regressions in MacPorts during
these coming months?  Should we have a special tag/keyword to place on
radars?  trac doesn't support blocking/dependencies in bugs, so maybe
a wiki page to track the big problems... ?

As it is right now, there are a few crucial ports that don't "just
work" which block many others.  python2[56] don't work +universal nor -
universal (at least on my system).  apr, gcc42, emacs, libsdl, libusb,
libart_lgpl also fail.  I haven't really started diving into these
build failures yet, so I don't know more than "it failed".

Additionally, should we update the default universal archs on SL?  As
it is right now, on 64bit machines, -universal will be x86_64 and
+universal is i386 ppc.  That will lead to a world of trouble.  I
changed mine to x86_64 i386 ppc which seems to be the sane default for
SL.

--Jeremy