Looking for a portfile review before submitting (rbldnsd)

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Wed Jun 10 17:49:32 PDT 2009

Hello, I have made a portfile, looking for a quick review, and any
suggestions for cleanup.

1) How do I decide the category, can someone show me a list, and
suggest the correct one for this?  I see bind9 is in "net", perhaps
this should also be in "net"?

2) Do I really need the extract.suffix?  I lean on simpler being better.

3) How do the permissions I chose look in the destroot phase?

4) I want ahead and installed some notes and other misc files that
were in the download, should I even bother?  Is this the correct
location to put them?

5) should I call this rbldnsd-server?  It is a server, it does not
include a launchd item due to the nature of how it is started being so
custom.

6) If I wanted to include a sample zone file for this, where would the
best place be to store that, and what is the correct suggested naming
convention for the name of that sample file?  rbldnsd.zone.sample?

* I would love to hear any other suggestions.  So far, this runs and
builds out clean and fine for me.

# $Id$

PortSystem          1.0

name                rbldnsd
version             0.996b
categories          sysutils
maintainers         hostwizard.com:scott
master_sites        http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/rbldnsd/
homepage            http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/rbldnsd.html
distfiles           ${name}_${version}${extract.suffix}
extract.suffix      .tar.tgz

description	 	rbldnsd is a small and fast DNS daemon which \
                    is especially made to serve DNSBL zone

long_description	The daemon can serve both IP-based (ordb.org,
dsbl.org etc) \
                    and name-based (rfc-ignorant.org) blocklists.
Unlike DJB's \
                    rbldns, it has ability to specify individual
values for every \
                    entry, can serve as many zones on a single IP
address as you \
                    wish, and, finally, it is a real nameserver: it
can reply to \
                    DNS metadata requests. The daemon keeps all zones
in memory \
                    for faster operations, but its memory usage is
very efficient, \
                    especially for repeated TXT values which are
stored only once.

checksums           md5     9a0f26f3b33764c325a96bd4c61b26fa \
                    sha1    9cfe6cf01c54088cecc3a02902c721ee714f1c28 \
                    rmd160  15be588fb4051f0526084425b586ea7986b6493a

                    configure.pre_args-delete --prefix=${prefix}

pre-destroot {
        addgroup _rbldnsd
        set gid [existsgroup _rbldnsd]
        adduser _rbldnsd gid=${gid} realname=rbldnsd home=${prefix}/sbin
}

destroot {
     ########## These perms are obviously wrong, fix them later

     # Install binary
     xinstall -m 0755 ${worksrcpath}/${name} ${destroot}${prefix}/sbin

     # Install man page 'rbldnsd.8'
     xinstall -m 0640 ${worksrcpath}/${name}.8 ${destroot}${prefix}/
share/man/man8

     # Install misc files
     xinstall -d ${prefix}/share/doc/${name}/
     xinstall -m 0640 -W ${worksrcpath} \
             NEWS README.user TODO \
             ${prefix}/share/doc/${name}/

}

post-activate {
     ui_msg "

     ${name} has been installed correctly
     You can find ${name} at ${prefix}/sbin/${name}

     Please see the man page `man ${name}` for detailed setup
instructions.

     You will need a launchd plist file to start the server.  Please
create
     one based on your specific needs.

     ${name} does not have a configuration file, all configuration files
     are specified as arguments to the startup of ${name}

     You can find additional files of interest in:
          ${prefix}/share/doc/${name}/NEWS
          ${prefix}/share/doc/${name}/README.user
          ${prefix}/share/doc/${name}/TODO

     See ${homepage} for more information.