Looking for a portfile review before submitting (rbldnsd)

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Wed Jun 10 18:43:44 PDT 2009

On Jun 10, 2009, at 6:36 PM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

>>> However, make sure those ${destroot} get added to the install
>>> paths that are missing them.
>>

>> I am not getting this, every effort I made, I get an error.
>>
>> destroot {
>>    # Install binary
>>    xinstall -m 0755 ${worksrcpath}/${name} ${destroot}${prefix}/sbin
>>
>>    # Install man page 'rbldnsd.8'
>>    xinstall -m 0640 ${worksrcpath}/${name}.8 ${destroot}${prefix}/
>> share/man/man8
>> }
>>
>> That is how I have it, it works.  Are you saying this I need to set
>> destroot to the source of the target, I have it set in the target
>> now.  I looked at my original email to be sure I did not copy and
>> paste the wrong file.
>
> On a previous email where you received "Need destroot" one of the
> destinations did not begin with ${destroot}.  It seems those are
> fixed or gone, from the above.
>
> What are the errors you're now receiving?

Here is the portfile, below is the error, which seems to be false, as
the path does indeed exist:

* I moved it into net, and changed category to net, then ran portindex
again.

# $Id$

PortSystem          1.0

name                rbldnsd
version             0.996b
categories          net
maintainers         hostwizard.com:scott
master_sites        http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/rbldnsd/
homepage            http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/rbldnsd.html
distname            ${name}_${version}

description	 	rbldnsd is a small and fast DNS daemon which \
                     is especially made to serve DNSBL zone

long_description	The daemon can serve both IP-based (ordb.org,
dsbl.org etc) \
                     and name-based (rfc-ignorant.org) blocklists.
Unlike DJB's \
                     rbldns, it has ability to specify individual
values for every \
                     entry, can serve as many zones on a single IP
address as you \
                     wish, and, finally, it is a real nameserver: it
can reply to \
                     DNS metadata requests. The daemon keeps all zones
in memory \
                     for faster operations, but its memory usage is
very efficient, \
                     especially for repeated TXT values which are
stored only once.

checksums           md5     9a0f26f3b33764c325a96bd4c61b26fa \
                     sha1    9cfe6cf01c54088cecc3a02902c721ee714f1c28 \
                     rmd160  15be588fb4051f0526084425b586ea7986b6493a

                     configure.pre_args-delete --prefix=${prefix}

pre-destroot {
         # Add user and group, these are the users rbldnsd will start as
         addgroup _rbldnsd
         set gid [existsgroup _rbldnsd]
         adduser _rbldnsd gid=${gid} realname=rbldnsd home=${prefix}/
sbin
}

destroot {
      # Install binary
      xinstall -m 0755 ${worksrcpath}/${name} ${destroot}${prefix}/sbin

      # Install man page 'rbldnsd.8'
      xinstall -m 0640 ${worksrcpath}/${name}.8 ${destroot}${prefix}/
share/man/man8
}

$sudo port -d install
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /Users/haneda/macports/net/rbldnsd
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port rbldnsd.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port rbldnsd.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port rbldnsd.
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /Users/haneda/macports/net/rbldnsd
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port rbldnsd.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port rbldnsd.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port rbldnsd.
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.main (rbldnsd)
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.fetch (rbldnsd)
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.checksum (rbldnsd)
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.extract (rbldnsd)
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.patch (rbldnsd)
--->  Configuring rbldnsd
DEBUG: Using compiler 'Mac OS X gcc 4.0'
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.configure (rbldnsd)
DEBUG: Environment: CFLAGS='-O2' CPPFLAGS='-I/opt/local/include'
CXXFLAGS='-O2' MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET='10.5' CPP='/usr/bin/cpp-4.0'
CXX='/usr/bin/g++-4.0' F90FLAGS='-O2' LDFLAGS='-L/opt/local/lib'
FCFLAGS='-O2' OBJC='/usr/bin/gcc-4.0' INSTALL='/usr/bin/install -c'
OBJCFLAGS='-O2' FFLAGS='-O2' CC='/usr/bin/gcc-4.0'
DEBUG: Assembled command: 'cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_Users_haneda_macports_net_rbldnsd/work/rbldnsd_0.996b" && ./configure'
sh: line 0: cd: /opt/local/var/macports/build/
_Users_haneda_macports_net_rbldnsd/work/rbldnsd_0.996b: No such file
or directory
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure:
shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_Users_haneda_macports_net_rbldnsd/work/rbldnsd_0.996b" && ./configure
" returned error 1
Command output: sh: line 0: cd: /opt/local/var/macports/build/
_Users_haneda_macports_net_rbldnsd/work/rbldnsd_0.996b: No such file
or directory

Warning: the following items did not execute (for rbldnsd):
org.macports.activate org.macports.configure org.macports.build
org.macports.destroot org.macports.install