Looking for a portfile review before submitting (rbldnsd)

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Wed Jun 10 19:29:13 PDT 2009

On Jun 10, 2009, at 7:22 PM, Bryan Blackburn wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 07:13:46PM -0700, Scott Haneda said:
>> Like this?
>> worksrcdir          ${name}_${version}
>
> No, when you set distname, worksrcdir takes on the same value, which
> is this
> case appears to be wrong (the distname uses an underscore, but the
> extracted
> directory uses a dash).  So if you keep your old distname (remove
> distfiles
> and extract.suffix), then add
>
> worksrcdir   ${name}-${version}
>
> it should see the right dir.  Unfortunately some authors like to
> vary naming
> like this...

Ah ha, makes sense now.  I hate the underscore today :)
$sudo port install rbldnsd
--->  Fetching rbldnsd
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for rbldnsd
--->  Extracting rbldnsd
--->  Configuring rbldnsd
--->  Building rbldnsd
--->  Staging rbldnsd into destroot
--->  Installing rbldnsd @0.996b_0
--->  Activating rbldnsd @0.996b_0
--->  Cleaning rbldnsd

I will submit it to trac, down to 40 lines or so now. Thanks all.