Port binary

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Jun 12 18:08:41 PDT 2009

I just hit the docs on port binary packages. More of an accident but
nonetheless, I am interested.

The full installer binaries that need not have macports installed, are
there more docs than the few paragraphs I've read so far?

Top of my list of questions:
Is this a reliable process, if so, why, with so many wanting a solid
php and apache has that not been done?

What archtecture is the build for? Only the build box, or are these
universal? If so, how is this being done with something like php where
I believe many modules simply can not build out as UB's?

It appears there is a single command. Does this create an installer as
well? Where are the usual install location selection, license, and
other features of installer creation defined?

Pretty excited to learn about this, looking forward to testing it out.
--
Scott
Iphone says hello.