New committer: giorgio_v

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Tue Jun 16 12:44:58 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:48:41AM -0700, Blair Zajac said:
[...]
> Also, we should put Ryan's comments on the wiki.  The most common ones
> that are in response to a commit are:
>
> 1) Do not commit whitespace and non-whitespace changes in the same commit,
> use separate commits.  Ideally, use separate commits for separate logical
> changes to a port file.

This has been added to

<http://trac.macports.org/wiki/NewCommittersGuide>

> 2) Do not use tabs!

Last time I checked, the only whitespace-related requirement was for people
to be consistent within the Portfile.  Sure many of us have been de-tabbing
when modifying our/nomaintainer ports, but I haven't heard any no-tab policy
for Portfiles expressed.

Bryan