[52855] trunk/dports/net/deluge/Portfile

David Evans devans at macports.org
Wed Jun 24 13:44:12 PDT 2009

Joshua Root wrote:

> It errors out in pre-configure, by which time boost would already be
> installed without the earlier depends_lib-delete. You can't error out
> outside a phase because then you would get the error on targets like
> 'port info'.
>
> - Josh

Right, I went through all of that already.  In fact, you can't error out
in a variant either as they are processed
any time the port is parsed as in lint, info, etc.

So the key is to only delete the dependency in a first check and then
error out in a phase based check later.  This
prevents attempting to build boost as a dependency unless the python
support is present but if it is the dependency
remains and everything proceeds as it should.

Here's the patch that I propose to commit which tests out in the three cases

    * no boost installed/active (error)
    * boost installed active but no python support (error)
    * boost installed active with python support (no error)

Thanks for your suggestions

Dave