wxWidgets upgrade to lower version?

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Sat Jun 27 06:50:45 PDT 2009

Sorry
to come into this this late, but some background info for this might
be useful. There would be no trouble at all keeping wxWidgets at the
latest stable version, but and this is a big but, the upstream
maintainer of wxPython has the convention of including wxWidgets
sources in his own releases. Now there would be no trouble, if the
releases were in sync, but it so happens that with some of wxPython
releases the included wxWidgets has some features not present in the
stable version.
With 2.8.9 and 2.8.10 there are these discrepancies, due to which the
downgrade was necessary.

PS I tried a few times to get the wxPython release system to make more
sense by having the releases in sync (wouldn't even be necessary to
include wxWidgets!), but with no success. Sorry for the tone of this
message, but I am quite bitter about this, problems are thrown upon us
with no way out.