Portmill status

C. Florian Ebeling febeling at macports.org
Mon Jun 29 01:56:56 PDT 2009

Hi,

there hasn't been any news on the build server lately, so I just
wanted to give you an update on the matter.

Unfortunately, currently personal life has changed much and I will
hardly be able to do any work on this in the next time. The source is
up and readily available, so if anyone feels like digging into it,
that is possible, and I will help via mail with any questions. I will
pick up the work later there, or so I plan, but I don't know really
when that will be possible.

Another thing that came up was the suggestion that it should be ported
to mysql instead of couchdb. I would find that not very motivating,
but it is certainly possible. Do you think all macports things should
use mysql? I found couchdb actually a very inspiring technology, and
it was part of my motivation to work on the thing in the first place.
(This discussion is not really pressing now, give what I said above,
but since it is a fundamental question, we can also discuss it now.)

Florian

--
Florian Ebeling
Twitter: febeling