port dependents

David Evans devans at macports.org
Tue Jun 30 14:19:22 PDT 2009

David Evans wrote:
> Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>> Well, there it is in the PortIndex.  dependencies.
>>
> And on top of this, if this command uses PortIndex information to
> calculate dependencies, why does it only do it for
> ports that are installed since PortIndex contains dependency
> information for all ports.  This makes me think that registry information
> is involved as well (or instead).  But then why doesn't it change
> immediately when I upgrade/install/uninstall a port?
OK, so now PortIndex has been updated with the new dependencies and I
have synced the ports and still

   port dependents libgnomeui

says

   gcalctool depends on libgnomeui

furthermore as another example I see that

   eel depends on libgnomeui

and port eel was deleted from the ports tree in r52726 on 6/21

any other ideas?

Dave