[47741] trunk/dports/audio/mpg123/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Mar 7 10:44:56 PST 2009

On Mar 7, 2009, at 08:22, Andreas Neustifter wrote:

> On 07.03.2009, at 10:19, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Did the maintainer approve these update, or was there a ticket
>> filed to which the maintainer did not respond? We do have a policy
>> of allowing a port maintainer 72 hours to respond to port issues,
>> and if they do not do so, then you may commit updates, but should
>> indicate in your commit message that the maintainer timeout has
>> occurred, or that the maintainer has approved your commit, unless
>> such things are clear from the ticket whose number your commit
>> message references.
>
> I must admit that it was maybe a little ambitious to enter me as
> maintainer, I will try to improve my response times.

I was mostly just concerned with whether you had been asked about
this change before it was made, since you are listed as its
maintainer. If you would like we can add "openmaintainer" to mpg123,
to indicate that anyone should feel free to update the port without
asking you. Or we can keep it the way it is if you'd like to continue
to have the first say in what goes on with the port.

> The 1.6.4 builds and works (with a small test sample) on PowerPC, I
> do not have a x86 machine to test.

I tried it and it builds and correctly plays an mp3 on my MacBook Pro
on Tiger.