The Guide - again

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 9 09:44:51 PDT 2009

On Mar 8, 2009, at 11:51, Martin Krischik wrote:

> Ryan Schmidt schrieb:

>>> I don't know - writing tickets with new ports attached did not
>>> work all
>>> that well.
>>
>> That is our process. What about it didn't work well?
>
> They sat there until I got commit right myself to apply them myself.

I apologize for that failure to get those ports committed. But I'm
not sure what alternative to this method I can offer. We cannot grant
commit access to just anybody. We must first be convinced that a
person's contributions are good and correct and follow the guidelines
that have been set up. I'm sure you can appreciate this, since even
though you have been granted commit access already, you're still
getting feedback about your commits on better ways some things can be
done.

To others who are not committers yet: If tickets you file do not get
addressed in a timely manner, please notify the macports-dev list.
It's easy for tickets to not get noticed, or to be forgotten.