Google Summer of Code 2009: Mentors needed!

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Mar 11 05:07:49 PDT 2009

Rainer Müller wrote:
> Also, if you have a specific idea what could be improved in MacPorts,
> but you never had the time to do it yourself, please put a proposal on
> our ideas page. I already cleared up the list from the last year and
> there are still interesting and important projects on it. And we need
> mentors for these, of course.
>
> Ideas page: http://trac.macports.org/wiki/SummerOfCode

I have no clue about this task here:
  http://trac.macports.org/wiki/SummerOfCode#images

Can anybody explain why that would be useful? In my opinion, linking to
the depot would be bad as every dependent port would break on an
upgrade, even if you only changed variants. Should we keep it on the
ideas page?

Rainer